Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Finished Scrap Quilt

Finally finished the top that I have been working on for a few weeks !
But before I show you the entire quilt here is the fabric I used for the border...
When I set eyes on this fabric I just loved the quirkiness of the design and had to have it.

The fun part of doing these quilts is the excitement of playing with lots and lots of fabrics.
Going over my stash and selecting fabrics that read as 'white' to contrast enough and still have as much variety as possible.
And this is the other block.
 
 
I love scrap quilts more and more and this time I gave these blocks some 'controlled scrappiness'. 
 
And here is the entire quilt.
The original pattern is called "Roll Roll Cotton Boll" designed by Bonnie Hunter.  The original pattern had  different border but after trying various options I settled for a one fabric border.
This is my third quilt using Bonnie's patterns and I have another one started which is not a main project but to be done when I feel like playing with my scraps.
One of things I learnt from Bonnie's style is to look as all fabrics as useful and not in isolation even when they are dated.
 
And here is the final quilt !



My aim now is to quilt it in time to have it in my bed by Spring !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...