Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Baby Quilt and memories of Hawaii

Just finished a quilt for my dear friend Angela's grandchid.  Its due this week so as soon as its born I'll add the label and post it off to Canada.
Both parents are artists so I hope they like my creation.



The photo doesn't show the designs too well but when she told me that the theme was baby african animals I knew exactly which novelty fabric from my stash I was going to use.
I had enough fabric to put in the back.

In between projects I made this block just for fun...




I have mentioned before that  Jan-Maree and I, have been swapping blocks since the beginning of the year, so these are the ones she sent me for March. They had to be green to match Rainbow Scrap Challenge.


I want to show you a tile I purchased last September in Hawaii. It was an original by  Bobbi Caputo who grew up in the Big Island picking coffee with her family in the Kona coffeelands.  A lot of her work depicts her childhood memories and when she signed this work at the back, she told me that this image was her mother making a quilt.
That was another highlight of my cruise of the Hawaiin islands....loved it, I would go back for a visit any time...

2 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job with the baby quilt. the plain fabrics really compliment the feature fabric nicely. Love th tile too - so much too look at in it as well. Of course the blocks aren't too bad either.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friends quilt is so vibrant and beautiful, I'm sure it will be loved and treasured. I love your tile and green blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...