Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Quilt Show and book review

Its a lovely sunny day and I have just been to the Monbulk Community Quilt show nearby. Monbulk is a small and attractive town located 47 Km east of Melbourne in the Dandenong Ranges national park area. It is situated in rolling timbered country, noted for its vegetable, fruit and tulip-growing production.

The quilts were on display in a church building, so the space was a bit limited which prevented me from taking better pictures. But here are some quilts that I want to share with you..






I purchased a lovely book by Gail Pan.  This is her first published book and has a number of projects based around the theme of baskets and include a lovely selection of stitcheries.

Apart from quilts there is a Needlecase and a bag that I would like to make in the near future.

4 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing the lovely quilts. I recently went to my first quilt show, it was very interesting and lots of quilts to inspire. Looks like an interesting book, I am partial to baskets, although I haven't made any yet. I recently saw a blog with a basket quilt-a-long, and I was very tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed seeing the applique quilts. Glad you shared.

    The quilt in your header picture is a good one. I am very fond of house quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...