Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Just playing...

I didn't spend too much time sewing today, but managed to get into my studio a few times to play.
Finished the second of the three quilts that I am presenting as gifts but I won't show the full picture in case the recipient sees the blog...
So I took a photo of the backing...




Felt like playing with my scraps, so went through the bags and cut up squares, triangles and a few rectangles, so one day I can just start sewing as recommended by Bonnie Hunter.
There isn't sufficient pieces at the moment as it takes quite a long time to cut them up.



In the process of sorting throught the scraps, I was inspired to make 10 miniature log cabin blocks which is one of the goals I decided early in the year. These take up so little fabric and are such fun to make.  They are 5" and I have done 75 so far. Not sure how many more I'll make but will keep on using my very small scraps until it looks that I have put a dent in it... who knows when that will be, as they seem to be growing !