Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tassellating Stars Quilt

Just completed the third of my gift quilts I'm taking with me as a gift when I travel to South Africa in early April for a family reunion.
This one is for my uncle who turns 80 years old.



Here's a closeup to show the quilting,  stars and swirls.



I have used this technique before years ago on a small quilt  and added some beads on the centre of each pinwheel.



The same technique can be found on Moda Bake Shop - Pinwhweel Twist
I  started with 100 , 6" squares of different solid fabrics.


Once the squares are joint together randomly, the top is marked with a template, recut and joint together to form the pinwheel.



Basicallly we only sew straight seams and the result looks more complicated than it really is.

~~~~~~~~~

Did a little fabric shopping yesterday that I want to share with you...

I bought a large enough piece to use as backing for a lap size quilt, but any suggestions on using on the quilt top itself are welcome !


Then I found this geometric pattern... I think this is my favourite fabric of all times at the moment. Don't know if I have the courage to cut it up !




And a few more small pieces for the stash....