Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, January 8, 2012

First completed project for 2012

I am hoping to make a few smaller quilts this year, so here's my first one...



The fabrics came from an half a charm pack I had purchased years ago. All dot fabrics.



The main reason I haven't been doing a lot more sewing in the past couple of weeks is because I've been gardening and taking advantage of lovely weather while I'm home on vacation.
Here are some photos of my backyard and outside my studio...










I enjoy having breakfast in this spot early in the morning and listening to the  birds singing ...


The bulk of the gardening work is now done, so I just have to keep up with the maintenance and enjoy the beauty and lovely scents.

And finally, some music...

I don't often get comments about the music references I add to the blog, but today I've chosen a very beautiful song called "Heaven in your Eyes".  It has a special meaning to me and I would like to share it with you.
The main artist is the contemporary jazz saxophonist Elan Trotman and it features the keyboardist Brian Simpson...

12 comments:

  1. Love the bowtie quilt - really like the dots with teh cheddar colour. and the garden looks gorgeous - bet those roses smell wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bow tie quilt.
    All the hard work on your garden was certainly worth it. It looks amazing. The roses are gorgeous.
    I'm back on our FWQ blocks. I've made two so far.
    Beijos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. garden looks beautiful, perfect for setting off your quilt
    longing for spring here in UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love polka dots, and I've always liked bow-tie blocks. I look forward to seeing more small quilts! I love having small quilts on my walls. We lease our house, so can't really paint the walls the colours we would like. So hanging quilts is a great option for me!
    You've quite the green thumb! I long for a yard full of flowers! again.. leasing.. lol. I'd hate to put tons of work and money into landscaping a place and then have to move. I can imagine how wonderful your garden smells on a warm sunny day..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little quilt is gorgeous..
    It's been too hot here for gardening, but your's looks wonderful..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Célia,

    voce começou muito bem 2012, lindo trabalho e lindas cores. Tenho a mania de prestar atenção as cores (risos), acho porque como sempre pintei, o que mais me chama a atenção nos trabalhos é a combinação delas. As flores são lindas,é adoravél arrumar plantas e jardins. Adorei a música também, gosto muito de trabalhar ao som de uma boa música.

    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with your cheddar bow ties! Congrats on the finish.

    What a beautiful garden! Thank you for sharing your peaceful place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorei o seu quintal todo florido, até parece que já chegou a primavera. Por cá ainda~as flores ainda não desabrocharam.
    O quilt tem uns tecido de cores lindíssimas.
    Bom trabalho.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bowtie quilt is perfect. And your roses are GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful quilt! and even prettier garden!

    Love from Indiana! ~bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, your yard looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...