Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Thursday, January 12, 2012

I Love NEW YORK !

No matter how many times I visit New York, I can never get enough of this vibrant city.
A couple of years ago I returned to New York and visited The City Quilter for the first time.

One of the things I purchased there was a kit for a wall hanging. In the past few days I've been putting it together.



It's machine appliqued and I used a straight stitch around each shape.



This section of the quilt is suppose to be the the Guggenheim in New York  .




Other well recognised landmarks such as the Statue of Liberty, the Chrystler building, the Empire State building and the Citicorp buiding are all in the quilt.


And this is what the quilt looks like.
I would have preferred to photograph it outside but the weather is not the best today.


I used for the backing the 'New York Taxi Cabs' fabric.


I'll be enjoying looking at it for a long time and dreaming about my next visit to New York !

That's my first concrete goal done for 2012..
Next I'm going to play again with my scraps doing a little project before tackling the next goal.

8 comments:

  1. This is really cool! Seriously love that taxi fabric - perfect for the backing! you have done a great job with the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little wall hanging! I love NYC too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Celia!!!
    FELIZ 2012!!!!!

    las rosas son bellísimas, es una de las flores que mas me gustan, mi madre en su casa de Chile tenia su jardín cubierto de rosas variadas....

    Abrazos
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. me olvidaba, estoy escuchando a Elan Trotman....abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great wallhanging--and very historic with the "42 cents" on there, LOL. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Celia,
    Love New York,so vibrant. Our daughter will be travelling there in February. I will have to show her your hanging.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Celia,
    I found your blog through the city quilter website. I recently moved to NYC from Seattle, and it's been such an adjustment for me that I haven't had the inspiration to create for almost a year. It's beginning to get better, though! I love that you made a quilt that looks like NYC. It's definitely an inspiration!

    Best wishes,
    Rivkah

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...