Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Friday, January 13, 2012

Small quilt and show 'n Tell

Here's another quick quilt/table topper I completed yesterday using the the leftovers of a charm pack I recently used on another project.



I wanted to do something small in between the list of 2012 goals and larger projects as well as before cleaning up my studio.
It will probably be a gift for someone who showed interest in the similar quilt I made recently.

I want to share with you a quilt I made sometime ago.... The pattern was a free pattern from a fabric company (can't recall which one)  and it was fun and relatively easy to do.





Close-ups ...



Border showing the overall quilting.


The fabrics were from different collections.


And now for some music....  Chopin - Fantaisie Impromptu, Op. 66 (Rubinstein)

This piece is one of my favourites in the classic genre and its romantic and ivocative nature touches my soul  like nothing else can. I hope you take time to listen...

3 comments:

  1. Love the table topper (cute little P&S shakers by the way) and that quilt is lovely. I haven't seen that version of the star before and it is vvery effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, you play with colours beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the orange background of the mini quilt. Beautiful combination!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...