Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Friday, February 4, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Red

February's colour is RED for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge ! I love red in all sorts of ways; quilts, stitcheries, bags and home decor... my family room curtains are red (tomato red).

I have started selecting my red scraps.  I don't have a lot of scraps but quite a big stash of red fabrics which I won't use as I want to be true to the challenge and my 2011 goals and just use my scraps..

But in the meantime I'll post some projects I completed in the past using RED ...

I love bags and red stitcheries are so adorable. The pattern for this bag came from a magazine and this stitchery and  all the others came from Bronwyn Hayes designs.


The other side of the bag..



I made a quilt with a number of Redwork blocks...









This little quilt now stands on a footstool, where my cat sleeps on....
It was needleturn applique but its now faded from the sun, so its good enough to be used in a pet bed...



Hopefully I can find some sewing time this weekend...

13 comments:

  1. Your bag is just beautiful! And your other stitcheries are lovely as well! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your red projects and look forward to seeing what you do with your red scraps this month

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing your red work makes me want to get on broad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraidd it wont be anything spectacular. I just want to use up the scraps as I did last month for the colour blue and it was mostly Crumb blocks...

    I'm so behind with my goals and UFO's that I can't just play at the moment... and having to go to work 5 days a week just gets in the way !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red work - so gorgeous! You have done a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olá Celia,
    vim retribuir sua visita e dar meus parabéns pelos seus trabalhos. Adorei este em redwork.
    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  7. O saco está muito bonito, gosto dos bordados. Parabéns

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was fun to see your red projects...very beautiful stitcheries!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very nice red projects! I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your red stitcheries...especially the one about the garden. Very pretty bag that you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Olá Celia,
    vim retribuir sua visita.
    Adorei os seus trabalhos e gosto muito de redwork.
    Linda bolsa!
    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your red projects are awesome, and I keep meaning to tell you how much I like the quilt on your header.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Olá Celia
    Adoro os sacos e os bordados. São lindos

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...