Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Baskets

As I promised myself this week, I'm spending some hours sewing or being inspired by things quilty.
My friend come over for a few hours to play with my Go-Cutter and went home with a pile of squares for her next project. While she did that I  started a new quilt...

At this stage I have cut out all the pieces for the 9 blocks ...






I'm still trying to catch up on the backlog of the blocks from Barbara Brackman's blog, so here's another done done.



And now some music...

As a big fan of smooth jazz I have just found out that guitarist Jeff Golub, a versatile Ohio guitarist who has performed with top rock stars and carved a niche for himself in contemporary jazz, has gone blind. He was diagnosed with a collapse of the optic nerve.

Here is a great classic version that he did "On the Beach" from the album "Do it again"
  

3 comments:

  1. Those basket blocks are lovely - the colours you have chosen are fabulous, so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOHHHH I love the baskiet blocks! SOooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute little baskets, they look like summer.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...