Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Monday, October 3, 2011

Grace top completed...

The Grace quilt top is done... I got the kit from The Thrifty Needle online store and the end of August.

Here is a closeup of the blocks before I put the quilt together...




And this is the top done.... 72" x 72" (app. 183cm x 183cm).
Not sure when I get around to getting it quilted.  I think I need a quilting machine to do the many tops I have, as its very expensive to send them away to be quilted every time I complete one.



After I tidy up my studio today I'll be evaluating which project in progress I need to pick up next.

9 comments:

  1. Oh I like this one! Great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful. I just love the fabrics and the houses.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. The quilt top is fabulous. I love Grace from 3sisters. I'm bought a couple of red and creams and I'm using them in my Bloggers BOM blocks.
    I also have that quilting problem. My sewing space is too small for quilt big pieces and in Portugal I don't know any long arm quilters. To send it away it's out of the question, it would cost a fortune in postage.
    I hope to post some of your FWQ blocks this week.
    Beijos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting this quilt top done! It's beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Celia,

    Love your house quilt,beautiful colours. A pink home for you and your daughter.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Greetings from Finland! I love the quilt! It's so nice...
    It's so nice to find other quilters from other countries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Célia,
    ficou belíssimo este trabalho e as cores maravilhosas. Eu adoro casinhas. Não faço muitos trabalhos grandes, porque tenho problema para quiltar, meu ateliê é pequeno e mandar para alguém fazê-lo fica caro também aqui no Brasil.

    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very wonderful. Those colors will be perfect to display during the holidays too!

    I hear you on the quilting. I have never sent a top out, but it is very time consuming to do it at home. I get more tops pieced than I do quilts quilted! I'd love to have a HQ quilting machine some day.....I always stop at their booth to play during quilting shows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So SO nice!!!! Congratulations!!
    Good quilt!!! ºo*

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...