Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Tea or Coffee ?

This week I needed to re-visit my UFO box, mainly because working on on-going blocks doesn't give me the feeling that I'm achieving very much.
Earlier in the year I had sorted all the unfinished projects and those left in the box are the ones I still like and want to complete.

So this is the project I decided to tackle this week... looks like a crumpled mess...


It was a Block of the Month many years ago. It took a considerable amount of work to get to this stage as it was hand applique using blanket stitch. I did enjoy making it but put it aside when after completing the applique, had still to do further embroidery and embelishments.

Got that out of the way and began quilting.


For those who follow my blog, the majority of my quilts I send away to be quilted as I am not very creative with this task.  However it becomes quite expensive when I complete several tops a year and none are to be displayed on any shows. So for this one, I decided to do it myself in a very simple manner.


Here is a close-up of some of the embelishments.




And some more embelishments.





I quite like the way the beads turned out....


There is no doubt that the design is Australian...



And the finished quilt hanging on the wall in the family room....

7 comments:

  1. Seriously CUTE quilt - just love it and the applique and embellishments are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of work has gone into this quilt..well done on quilting it yourself I think it is very satisfying...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! That quilt is absolutely amazing. That is a master-pice Celia. Congratulations. I love it.
    Beijos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great one! And lots of work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh! que lindo!! era uma pena ficar parado. Que bom que voltou a fazê-lo.

    Parabéns, amei.

    Bjs

    ReplyDelete
  6. a fun project.......I haven't seen this one.........

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute project. The quilting is lovely. Being able to do your own quilting is quite fun once you get in a bit of practice with it. So nice to be able to say that you made the quilt from start to finish.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...