Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Day 9 - Project 2 - Swoon Block #2

It has been a rather hot day today in Melbourne, around 38 ºC so I spend most of the day in my air conditioned studio, listening to podcasts, music and 'playing' with my fabrics.

Completed another block from the Swoon quilt.

 
This is a photo of my magnolia tree outside one of the window of my studio.
I planted it about 2 years ago and these are the first flowers that the tree has produced.
The flowers are very fragrant and when they open, they resemble a lotus flower.
I recently planted another magnolia tree in a different place in the garden but these will have pink/purple flowers. It will be a while until I get flowers on it.

2 comments:

  1. You are working hard. A swoon block a day is quite an achievement.
    Love your magnolia, the flowers are awesome and the shiny green leaves are gorgeous!
    Merry Christmas,
    Teresa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous swoon block, love the fabric choices - do you machine or hand piece these?

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...