Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Most meaningful quilt for 2010..

I have done my fair share of creativity this year; from full size quilts, to minitures, from bags and totes to cushions and table toppers. A lot of my ideias have been inspired from many beautiful fabrics, books and patterns.  But the most significant quilt I made for myself this year has been the "Self Awareness" quilt. This concept has given me a different vision of what type of person I am, my atitudes, my opinions and what path I want to follow.

Nothing is permanent; everything changes.... and that's also the feeling I get when I look and use this quilt. The words can have simple meanings or a life story to tell.





For this quilt I used only fabrics from my stash. Long time ago I learnt this technique called 'Stack N Slash'. After the top was completed, I added some personal meaning by embroidering some significant words.
Check out this tutorial on the web which gives you a description of this technique  http://www.bighornquilts.com/inspiration/strip/sns.html

2 comments:

  1. I love this quilt, it is a very soft palette of colours, very comforting but I mostly like the the fact that you have added the words that are important or meaningful to you. Now you can just enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this quilt. It seems like an apropos way to finish 2010 and start a new year!! Great job! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...