Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Quilt and a tote from scraps

Lots of inspiration has came my way this week, mainly related to what to do with my small scraps. This tends to happen when I 'play' with my fabrics or need to search for a particular fabric in my stash then all sorts of designs come into my head.
As mentioned on my previous post, I have been inspired with the Crumb block design. I had some blocks leftover from the first quilt, so I made some more and completed another quilt top.  But for this one the sashing and borders  fabrics did not came from my stash, mainly because I just loved the teal and brown combination in the prints....

It was rather windy so the picture didn't turn out too well. Here's a close up of the blocks.



This week I made a visit to the fabric store. Their existing stock was reduced to 50%...so my addiction got the better of me.  I love novelty prints and this one by Kaye England called "Hoe Down" immediately got my attention.  I think it would make a cute bag.

I got a couple of bigger pieces to use a quilt backings... I particularly like the green tones.


My other achievement this week was a quick tote.  Years ago I was given a piece of  linen curtain fabric and what I liked about it was the fact that it looks hand embroidered.  So I  added some beads, used a Jinny Beyer border fabric I have had for years and voila !!!

I have just enough fabric left to make a smaller one or this could
an opportunity to make something different...





Next week I want to continue designing another quilt with the  Crumb block, using my small scraps, solid prints (including hand dyes) and charm packs.
And if time permits another tote/bag from my stash....

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Celia! GREAT projects, and what wonderful use of scraps! The quilt and other projects are just terrific. Love them all!

    I saw this just minutes after I posted today's podcast episode -- I'll look forward to mentioning it next time and sharing the link with GreenStitch listeners. Congratulations, it all looks just great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved all your projects, especially the quilt because blue and brown go so well together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see what quilters can do with scraps. Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...